The minimum age to apply for a Connecticut driver’s license is 16. Connecticut does not accept to issue a driver’s license to individuals who are under 16 years of age. Drivers under the age of 18 must first successfully earn and hold a provisional driver’s license before moving on to an unrestricted license. Buy Connecticut Driver’s License
Drivers License Requirements for Connecticut
The process involves applying for a learner’s permit that can then lead to a Drive-Only license. Learner’s permits are now required of all new license applicants regardless of age. A Drive Only license is not valid for federal identification purposes, and cannot be used to vote.
- Your valid learner’s permit.
- Identification Documents (Passport, ID, Any travel document…)
- Application for a Non-Commercial Driver’s License (Form R-229)
- The application fee
Get a Connecticut Learner’s Permit for the First Time
Those 18 and older must hold the permit for 90 days, while 16 and 17 year-olds have special training requirements and must hold the permit for a longer period of time. A road test is taken after having the learner’s permit for the required time for training. Apply for Your Connecticut Driver’s License
If you choose the Home Training option, however, you’ll be eligible to apply for your drivers license after 180 days. Taking the Secondary School (High School) or Commercial driver education option reduces that time to 120 days.
Obtaining a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP) and a commercial driver’s license
You will be required to provide additional identity documents. If you currently have a non-verified Class D license (i.e., no Gold Star”) you will be required to provide documentation and obtain a verified (“Gold Star”) Class D license prior to the issuance of a CLP.
A Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) is required for the operation of a commercial vehicle while under the instruction of a licensed CDL operatorRequired Documentation (must be presented when appearing for CDL knowledge testing):
- Your valid Connecticut Driver’s License. Be sure you meet CDL age requirements.
- You will be required to provide additional identity documents. See here for more information.
- Your Social Security card (laminated or metal cards not accepted) or most recent W-2 form.
- You will be required to complete the Application for Commercial Driver’s License (DMV Form R-229a).
Other Special Instances to applying for your CT drivers license
- If your out-of-state license has expired for more than two years, you must obtain a Learner’s Permit and you will be required to take an 8-hour safe driving practices course at a Connecticut-licensed driving school before taking skills test at a DMV office. Apply for Your Connecticut Driver’s License
- If you have lost your out-of-state license you will need to obtain a certified copy of your out of state driver history or abstract dated within 60 days. The previous licensing state will be notified of the issuance of the Connecticut license, and your previous state license will be cancelled. Buy Connecticut Driver’s License
- Full time students living in Connecticut but maintaining out of state or out of country permanent residency do not have to obtain a Connecticut license as long as full-time student status is in effect. Once full-time student status is terminated (according to school records), you have 30 days to obtain a Connecticut license.
- Military personnel and dependents stationed in Connecticut are not required to obtain a Connecticut driver’s license. For Connecticut license holders, please see Military Personnel Renewing their Connecticut Driver’s License.
- A license from Puerto Rico is the same as an out of state license (same requirements as above), however the DMV office you visit will verify your Puerto Rico license with your home territory prior to transferring your Puerto Rico license to Connecticut. The DMV will notify you via mail of your Puerto Rico license status. The letter that you receive from the DMV will provide you with information on how to proceed with the licensing transaction.
- A license from American Samoa, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands is the same as an out of state license (same requirements as above); however, you must obtain an abstract of your driver record from your home territory prior to transferring your license to Connecticut.The DMV will waive the requirement for an applicant to present an abstract when transferring a non CDL license from Guam for active duty military personnel and their family members. Apply for Your Connecticut Driver’s License. The applicant’s military identification or the family member’s dependent identification must be shown.
- Foreign travelers on a visitor’s visa may operate a motor vehicle in Connecticut for one year with a valid out of country license and an International Driver Permit which is obtained from their home country.
- A valid license from Canada, Germany or France can also be transferred to Connecticut using the same procedures for an out-of-state license. Buy Connecticut Driver’s License
getting your Pennsylvania Driver’s License @DMV after “tried and failed”
– Start here.Get a Texas Driver’s License| Let’s take you through the process
- Buy Registered USA Driving License Online
- obtain a valid New Jersey driver’s license within days | Permits and Non-Driver IDs
- Buy Colorado Driver’s License | Commercial Driver License
- Getting your Virginia driver’s license | Driver’s License Renewal | (ID) Card
- Get a Texas Driver’s License| Let’s take you through the process
696 E Fordham Rd, The Bronx, NY 10458, USA
+1 917 310 2719