Applications for driver’s licenses/ID cards can be made in online at any local agency offering driver licenses services. When you apply for a driver license, you will be given a prior time depending on the situation and what you need, however you may be eligible to receive a license without taking a written or road test. Get a Driver’s License in Florida
If you move to Florida and have a valid license from another state, you must get a Florida license within 30 days of becoming a resident. You are considered a resident of Florida if you:
- enroll your children in public school, or
- register to vote, or
- file for a homestead exemption, or
- accept employment, or
- reside in Florida for more than six consecutive months.
To get a driver’s license in Florida you must have at least
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Social Security number
- Proof of residential address
- Proof of completion of a Traffic Law & Substance Abuse Education Course or license from another state, country, or jurisdiction.
Renew your driver’s license in Florida
Customers must renew their Florida driver license or ID card every eight years. The expiration date is listed on the credential. Florida driver license and ID card holders may renew their credential up to 18 months in advance of the expiration date.
Drivers can replace their driver license or ID card prior to its expiration if the credential is lost, stolen or they need to make an update. The following may require a replacement credential. Buy Driver’s License in Florida
- If there is a change of address, Florida driver license or ID card holders have 30 days to update their address on the credential.
- If a customer wishes to add or update a designation or other information listed on the credential.
- If there is a name change, Florida driver license or ID card holders must update their name with the Social Security Administration prior to updating their name on the credential and they must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the name on their driver license or ID card.
- If a driver license or ID card is lost or stolen.
Obtain a Commercial Driver License From the State of Florida
All applicants for a Commercial Driver License are required to have an Operators License and pass the vision requirements. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. If they are under 21, they will be restricted to intrastate operation only. Before proceeding to the CDL part of the process all persons seeking a new commercial driver license must obtain a Conditional Learner’s Permit. The CLP allows you to practice driving on public roads with a qualified CDL holder riding with you.
CLASS A: Trucks or truck combinations weighing with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 26,001 lbs. or more, provided towed vehicle is more than 10,000 lbs. Buy Driver’s License in Florida
CLASS B: Straight trucks weighing 26,001 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating or more.
CLASS C: Vehicles transporting placardable amounts of hazardous materials, or vehicles designed to transport more than 15 persons including the driver with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of less than 26,001 lbs.